Search for Recipes

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Cute Lil' Chicks

0 comments
With Easter coming up on April 1st, I thought I'd re-post my chick eggs

Ingredients
  • 1 dozen eggs - hard boiled
  • Mayonnaise - enough to make it creamy
  • Salt & pepper - to taste
  • Garnish with olives & carrots
Directions
  1. It took me almost 2 hours to create these lil chicks. I hard boiled them yesterday and then started cracking and peeling (that took the most time, so have help) (SEE VIDEO BELOW ON EASIER PEELING PROCESS) Be careful not peel too much of the white off, it's harder when you have very fresh eggs (like mine where).
  2. Make sure you cut the bottom of the egg so it will stand up straight. Then I cut about half way down the egg in a zig zag pattern, so it looks cracked. I took the top off and carefully scoop the yoke out.
  3. Once I finished doing that, I made the yoke mixture and then put the mixture into a baggy and cut the tip off and swirled the yoke mixture into the egg white. Put the tops on, cut up the olives for the eyes and cut the carrots to make the beak. Refrigerate and then eat! 

Aren't they adorable?